Monday, February 9, 2015

There Can Only Be One

Religion is peculiar. How exactly were those of faith convinced to believe in something based on word alone, especially something supposedly beyond comprehension as the Christian deity. 

I just find the whole deal illogical, mostly because of the explaination for the phenomena we have now. Not to say that scientist are not allowed to be religious, as science could be explained by how their deity built the world. But how does it lead to some people rejecting evolution and other such "blasphemies?" 

And then to call another religion's god(s) false on essentially the same basis that one's own is true is beyond me. It boils down to just "you're wrong, I'm right so I don't need proof." The conversion of others is usually through force or the appeal of an accepting society to those worse off.

I am not against religion, nor those who choose to partake in it. Rather, I'm curious as to why.

No comments:

Post a Comment